Re: tlug: changing behavior of kinput2

> Scott Stone <sstone@example.com> writes:
>
> > Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 18:31:24 +0900
> > From: Tadayoshi Okuma <tad@example.com>
> >
> > Files are in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/ccdef.
> > you can set mule(=egg) binding, replacing files named *.egg in that directory.
>
> Hmm ...

It turns out to be really really simple.  You don't need to
change anything in the Kinput2 or Wnn6 disk spaces.  All you do
is start kinput2 with the following command in your .xsession (or
whatever):

 kinput2 -wnn -jserver localhost -ccdef ccdef.kinput2.egg &

TurboLinux and the Applix people might want to set up the
distribution so that this configuration is used out of the box:
it's not been obvious how to set this up, and the "eggish" key
commands are MUCH more intuitive than the control-whatknot mess
that Kinput2 defaults to.  I can see feel my productivity rising
already.  :)

Now all I have to do is figure out how to either use Kinput2 with
Mule or turn off SHIFT-SPACE in Emacs altogether ...

Cheers,
--
-x80
Frank G Bennett, Jr         @@