Re: tlug: Bound Gimp manual?

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Scott Stone wrote:

> PSP5 == bloatware.  There's way more stuff in there than I'd ever
> conceivably use, and wading through all that crap to learn a new UI is

Paint Shop Pro is probably the smallest of the major graphics programs, so
bloatware seems like an odd and fairly inaccurate description.  Anyway,
Gimp is even worse, being on a level of complexity as high or higher than
Photoshop, and like Photoshop, jammed with even more stuff than PSP5.

PSP has tools in it that I also rarely use, but I use it because the ones
I do use can work very well and with greater ease than competing products.

> kind of a waste of time, IMHO, at least until it's ported to Linux or runs
> under WINE..

I look forward to either of those occurrences myself (preferably the
former), and hope that if/when it happens, it won't lose its ability to
accept Japanese input. I'm not holding my breath on this one, though.
All English Windows apps will accept Japanese input, almost always at the
point of the cursor,  (although some will not correctly display what they
are given), but this seems to require a lot more work on Linux.  So if
they don't get that right, I'll still be doing some of my graphics work
under Windows, since Gimp doesn't do Japanese either.

Jonathan