tlug: Running X with Riva128

Hi all,

I have trouble with running XF86_SVGA 3.3.2 server with my STB
Verocity128 AGP (Nvidia Riva128).

I created XF86Config file with xf86config command.
When I invoke X server with startx, screen goes black(black out?) and
I can't control my machine any more. I'm not sure if kernel is hanged
or not. After screen goes black, Keyboard is not respond. I have to
push reset switch to reboot. Of course I tried to get log message with
startx >&x.log, but I can't see any message in it.
Therefore I can't get clue for this strange problem.

I searched web site about this problem and found that there is
incompatibility with ioport.c in kernel 2.0.x with gcc2.8.1 and it
cause Xserver to black out. Even though my system is RedHat 5.1 with
gcc2.7.2.3, I compiled kernel 2.1.122. But I still have same trouble.

One of my friend has DELL PC with STB Velocity 128 and he can use
XF86_SVGA with no problem. So I suspect my MVP3 based mother board.

Does anybody have idea? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If I can't run X with STB card, I immediately replace the video card.

Following is my environment:
Mother board: EPoX MVP3 based card
CPU: K6-2 300MHz
VIDEO: STB Velocity 128 AGP(Riva128)