Re: tlug: US UPSes in Japan

On Sat, Oct 03, 1998 at 01:18:25PM +0900, Scott Stone wrote:

> OK, we've had our power upgraded here at PHT, and the TLUG server is now
> back on-line.  AND, I can use my American UPSes now - grounded outlets!
> yes!

For what its worth, at least one TPC member had trouble using a couple of
American UPSes here.  APC told him that it was due to their rapidly
switching on/off during brownouts of the already lower than US normal line
voltage.  (And said they wouldn't support a US model being used here.)

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo   ICQ: 5981586
Tokyo PC Users Group Free Akihabara Shopping Tour, Sunday October 18th