Re: tlug: Odd little e-mail problem

On Wed, Sep 30, 1998 at 08:37:33PM +0900, Dave wrote:
> I don't know if this is Linux related or not, but i'm running out of options
> as to where else i can ask about this.
> When I send e-mail to a particular friend of mine in Canada, he can't read my
> e-mail, and it has the following written in the body INSTEAD of whatever i
                                                  ^^^^
> wrote:
>
> Executing: kterm
> kterm: Not found
> Comand failed: kterm-geometry +0+0-e move/temp/mm.aoooCS/dev/null

Oops.  I stand corrected (after a good night's rest AND a cuppa' since
my last post).

I thought the error messages above were appearing on the remote end, but
if they're found inside the body of the message then the problem is most
definitely at your end, not his (mucking with the *body* of a mail
message you've received ranks pretty darn close to original sin).

Kterm is simply a kanji-capable version of xterm.  Prof. Turnbull is
far, far, far more capable than I of explaining the character set issues.
I hope that eventually there will no longer be a need for a separate
kterm.  Xterm should pick up on the locale and do the right thing (I
believe there are kanji-capable xterms as well, but I'm not sure).

Regards,
--
Rex