Re: tlug: Linux Users Old and New (was: High-end vs Low-end Linux)

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, John De Hoog wrote:

>If your only experience with WYSIWGY HTML editors is with netscape and
>ms word, I understand your dislike of them.

I dislike them because they produce bad HTML.  Run an HTML parser over your
top page and you'll see what I mean.  Nice content and a unified design (those
are definitely GoodThangs), but with both errors and proprietary HTML, how do
you know all of your visitors will see what you want them to see?  That's why
I dislike WYSIWYG editors so much. They produce broken web sites, and the
people using usually don't even know there is anything wrong.

Cheers,

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>