RE: tlug: Programming in Japanese on X

> I have a programming question.
>
> How can I figure out how to display Japanese text in an X-Window?  I
> have just read the following books (well, the i18n and font parts
> anyway) --
>

> They all made vague references, and I tried a million things.  Nothing
> worked.  Where do I find out how X turns a euc string into Japanese
> text?  Or perhaps more basically, how can I select a character from a
> Japanese font set?  And what about input?

Can you read Japanese book? I think this book will answer your
question:

X-Window Ver 11 Programming, 2nd ed. by Kinoshita et al
Chapter 14: The output and manipulation of Japanese characters
ISBN 4-526-03399-5
Pub. by 日刊工業新聞社

This book answer your questions exactly, but in Japanese -:)

Good luck.

Yan @ Yokohama