Re: tlug: Re: Linux taking over the globe?

Jonathan Byrne - 3Web <jq@example.com> wrote,

> >    Manu> Sendmail from version 8.9.x onwards comes with forwarding of
> >    Manu> non-local messages disabled by default.  This should help
>

> >Hey!  Somebody's listening!
>
> Yeah, I discovered that one when ugrading from TurboLinux 1.4 killed mail
> forwarding for my Windows box, which had been using my Linux box as it's
> outgoing mail server.  I messed with it for a bit and wasn't able to get it
> working (couldn't find where to enable forwarding services for my other
> machine), and since then I've been to busy to go back and work on it anymore.
> Trying to dredge my old setup from memory, I think I had a "hosts allow" file
> (forget the exact name that sendmail uses) but that stopped working when I
> upgraded.  Not sure if it wants it in a different place, or what.  The
> short-term fix is to just never send any mail from my Windows machine.

I think, this short-term fix actually is a Good Thing and
you should keep it :-)  So maybe I shouldn't tell you the
following: An entry of the form

  <domain>	RELAY

in `/etc/mail/access' should do what you want.  BTW, the new
sendmail puts a bunch of config files below `/etc/mail'.

Manuel