Re: tlug: Re: Linux taking over the globe?

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>    Manu> Sendmail from version 8.9.x onwards comes with forwarding of
>    Manu> non-local messages disabled by default.  This should help

>Hey!  Somebody's listening!

Yeah, I discovered that one when ugrading from TurboLinux 1.4 killed mail
forwarding for my Windows box, which had been using my Linux box as it's
outgoing mail server.  I messed with it for a bit and wasn't able to get it
working (couldn't find where to enable forwarding services for my other
machine), and since then I've been to busy to go back and work on it anymore.
Trying to dredge my old setup from memory, I think I had a "hosts allow" file
(forget the exact name that sendmail uses) but that stopped working when I
upgraded.  Not sure if it wants it in a different place, or what.  The
short-term fix is to just never send any mail from my Windows machine.

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>
3Web Channel <URL: http://www.3web.co.jp/index.en.html>