Re: tlug: Intel, Netscape Investing in RedHat

Thomas Joseph Haslam wrote:

> [...]   And given my work and whatnot, my
> professional life would be miserable and my computer not as useful if I
> went *M$ free* any time fairly soon.

Have you seen the ' Hersey Experiment ' on cnet?  Shafer and friends are/were
experimenting with operating in a Linux / no-MS-what-so-ever enviroment...

    http://builder.cnet.com/Servers/Shafer/032398/?st.bl.se.mb2.mbcol.1186

> [...] I am wondering who are the other people who have
> an interest in--among all the usualthings--(1) desktop/enduser Linux;
> and/or (2) Linux for SOHO/small business; and/or (3) Linux/MS-based apps
> compabitility issues; and of course (4) any news about (1-3).  This list
> could be easily revised, of course.  And suggestions are more than welcome.
>
> What I'm thinking is, that if I uncover useful information/solutions/news
> about these items, I could the SUBJECT header tag it with "SOHO," and then
> some appropriate short title for the matter in question.  That will make it
> easier for many people to "null"; and maybe for a few people to focus in.
> JB, SB, and  others: worth doing?  Not worth doing?  An informal focus
> group needed or completely unnecessary?
>
> What do you think?

...that would serve a purpose, though for now, for me (and only me... <g>),
things are fine as is - I just ignore the subject lines/threads which don't
appeal to me;

In a year or so as the volume of posts increases, I'm sure things could be quite
different ;-)   I'm still quite green to the Linux world, so my needs aren't too
focused yet. I'm sure others here may be in different situations though...

Regards

Sean.

Sean Bennett      < sean@example.com >
Nnet/Nakamura Shoji Co. Ltd.