Re: tlug: Re: Many Faces on Linux

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Andrew S. Howell wrote:

>I like the idea as well. I question the practicality though. The
>problem is making payment painless. There is lots of stuff out there
>for a nominal fee, say $10-20. Unless I can pay via the web, I'm

You're right, payment has to be easy.  Fortunately, nearly all shareware can
be paid via credit card these days.  If a person isn't set up to handle that
themselves, it can be done through third parties such as Regnow or Digital
River (they can also do physical product shipment), who get some percentage of
the registration fee.

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>