Re: tlug: Problems with my harddisk

Manuel M. T. Chakravarty wrote:
>Second, are their any recommendations for good
> *reliable* IDE harddisks? (I don't mind if it is a bit more
> expensive as long as it is reliable.)

Hi,

Well I got a new computer about 2 months ago, and I go a IBM 4GB IDE,
and even if I was working in a non airconditioned enviorment with the
room temp rising above 30, it still functions very reliably.  I think
that it is possible to find one of their 6GB's for under 40,000.

Also I will NEVER obtain a WD again, after my 3GB failed after 2-3
months.  I think tat a lot of their recent drives have heating problems.
Also at my school a lot of computers with WD hard drvies are failing, so
I would be on the safe side.

Just my 2 cents,

Austin Kurahone