Re: tlug: graphics package of pLaTeX

In Article <Pine.LNX.3.96LJ1.1b7.980917143705.20999A-100000@example.com>
Rob Bickel <rob@example.com> writes:

> Where did you put the Debian files?
> At the minimum latex should look in the same directory as your
> .tex file for the graphics.sty.  If you copy the graphics.sty file

First, I copied the file in /usr/lib/texmf/tex/latex/graphics/*
on Debian to /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/graphics/* on TLJ2.0.
But this didn't work. I suspected that the TeX didn't know the
directory I made, so I copied files to /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base
where latex's standard files locate, but didn't work, either.
It seems I have to renew a ls-R file in /usr/share/texmf/, but I can't
find which command I should use. I brutally modified the file
by hand, then platex complained that drivers or devices were not
set yet.

Yes, if I copy all files in the directory to the current directory,
platex could find the graphics.sty, but I think this isn't a right
solution.:-(

Takeshi