Re: tlug: Ugly fonts in Communicator mail

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Rob Bickel wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Washi wrote:
>
> > One problem I've had is with Japanese fonts. If I use Communicator for
> > email, the Japanese fonts in received mail look terrible. What's the
> > best way to fix this? Also, why is it that Navigator requires you to
> > quit the program and reopen it each time you change fonts? Is this a
> > limitation of Linux?
>
> Change the font.  The default Japanese font does look terrible.  I don't
> use Turbolinux, but I would assume they have some nice looking Japanese
> fonts.  These should appear under edit/settings/font.  If turbolinux
> doesn't have some nice fonts, get some fonts from the RPM version of
> PJE:  http://www.pje.linux.or.jp

Good news on this - TurboLinux 3.0 will support TrueType fonts right out
of the box, so you can use the Ryobi fonts (if you buy the CD) or any
other TrueType Japanese (or English) fonts as screen fonts.

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)