tlug: Filtrix in Japanese/Linux version (fwd)

Hi all,

I inquired about the possiblity of a Filtrix version:

1) For Linux
2) That did double-byte languages

This is the reply that I got from them.  While they didn't say "No, never,"
they did say they would want to clearly see how they could profit from it.  If
you would buy something like this, please e-mail Kevin Dwan
(kevin@example.com) and tell him you think it's a good idea.  Get anyone you
know who could/would buy it to also mail him.

If you don't yet know about Filtrix, check it out at
<http://www.blueberry.com>.  It imports lots of stuff, including Office 97,
and exports various formats,too.  It runs on commercial UNIX platforms, but
I'd love to see one for Linux.  An easy-to-use filtering system that could
pull in MS Office docs and spit them out as Applix docs and do a good job of
it, could be a real asset to Linux in making a run at corporate and SOHO
sales.

Cheers,

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section