Re: tlug: TL install on ThinkPad - lilo fails

    Me> 	Thanks everyone for recommendations about linux + NT
    Me> on the ThinkPad. Now that I bought a new disk and TL 2.0j, I'm
    Me> having a problem with the install. I get to where it is
    Me> installing LILO, and then get an error. It does not say what
    Me> error, just that the LILO install had an error. I tried
    Me> /dev/hda, /dev/hda1 and /dev/fd0, but they all fail. Any idea
    Me> how to proceed? Is there a way the get to a shell so I figure
    Me> out what the problem is?

Ok, I when off of did what I should have done and RTFM. I found out
that TurboLinux does not seem to be calling lilo correctly. It runs:

	sbin/lilo /mnt/sbin/lilo

or some thing like that, I'm sorry I don't have the machine with me to
test. I ran it with "lilo -r /mnt -C /etc/lilo.conf, and it seemed to
run OK, but complained that /dev/hda3 was not bootable. This didn't
seem like a problem, in that is where I was going to stuff NT. TL
install was making the /etc/lilo.conf correctly.

Anyway when this would not work, I thought that I would try booting
for a floppy. On a W95 box I ran rdev C:\sysboot.img 3 1 so I could
use /dev/hda1 as my boot partion. When I boot from the floppy, after a
message about setting display size, it just hangs. I tried different
sizes, but no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

	Andy