Re: tlug: Ethernet PC Card for Linux

Scott Stone wrote:
>...  The only ones that I know will NOT work
> are modem/ethernet combo cards (except the 3Com 3c563 combo card, which
> does work).  The other combo cards will only work as modems, in my
> experience.

Well, as always, here's an exception.  My IBM Home & Away ethernet &
14.4
modem combo works great both as a modem & an ethernet card in Linux.
It required no extra pcmcia setup that I can remeber.  (However, Win95 &
OS/2 don't like it nearly as well, as the included drivers were
corrupted,
and no updated drivers are available via the net.)

another go player wannabe,	 (I just hope negative kyu is impossible.)
	Howard