tlug: Perl Study Server?

My question might not be really Linux related, but
I am currently trying to learn Perl, more concretely, I am trying to
understand Jeffrey Friedl's Perl script for looking up vocabulary from
Japanese texts, which is not an easy task for me being a beginner in the

programmig world. Since the compiler obviously knows all the constructs
used in Perl programs I was wondering wether the principle of pulling
out vocabulary from Japanese texts could not be applied to Perl source
code, giving me a "vocabulary list" to study with references to a
dictionary, maybe the relevant parts of the man pages or chapters in the

Camel book etc. It would allow me to speed up my studies significantly
not having to read all the books first but being led straight to what I
need to know. Does there already exist something like that? (I want to
write a program with which it will be possible to learn 2000 kanji in
four weeks)

Thanks, Uli