Re: tlug: Colour problem on warm days with NotePC

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Manuel M. T. Chakravarty wrote:

> This is probably not a directly Linux-related question, but
> more sort of a general hardware problem.  I know observed on
> two different NotePCs that, on starting X, the colour map or
> so is wrong, or somehow some colours are displayed wrong on
> the whole screen.  It seems that this only happens on warm
> summer days and both machines have been Sony VAIO machines.
> Interestingly, if you leave X and start it again, the
> problem is gone, which I find quite strange - as if
> something goes wrong during initialization.
>
> Did anybody make a similar observation with Sony NotePCs or
> any other NotePCs?

If you're using the stock TurboLinux-J Neomagic driver, this happens every
so often - at least, I've seen it happen where everything is tinted red,
and I have to quit X and restart to fix it.  If you go to the 2.0J updates
dir on ftp.pht.co.jp and get the XBF Neomagic server and the new turboxcfg
package, that should fix it (and provide accelerated neomagic support).

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)