Re: tlug: PJE

"Eric S. Standlee" <fwiw3980@example.com> wrote,

> I gather that you don't work for PHT, so I feel comfortable asking this.
> How much does TL cost and is all of the documentation in Japanese?
>
> I need Japanese capability, but I don't need it at a high price because I
> still have M$ with some Japanese capability.  And, I can read Japanese,
> but would rather read about technical things in English...

Somebody else posted some prices already, I think.
Regarding Japanese, the installation procedure is in
Japanese, but I had no problems, although my Japanese is far
from good.  Once you finished the install, you can use the
environment variable LANG to choose whether you want English
or Japanese text in the config tools etc. (Only the icons
and menus in the default desktop will remain to be in
Japanese, but this is easy to change in the config files.)

Cheers,

Manuel