tlug: ref.sh

Not that anyone is interested, but I have just been piddling with a bash
shell command which can handle my very limited needs for command line
access to flat-file reference files (databases with out the indexing).

I call it ref.sh .  I put it in my bin directory and then ln -s ref.sh
<new flat-file database type>.  If ref.sh is run straight, then it calls
itself for editing.  If it is called through a symbolic link, then it
executes the ref.sh code in relation to that links name (ie. `basename $0
to get the link name).

It definitely isn't perfect, but it should be easy to read.  I may next
tackle making it a perl script instead to take advantage of the speed
differences...

I checked some of the flat-file database programs, but I didn't find
anything which I could handle...  If there is a similar program out there
though, please tell me if you like.  Thus, please no flames.  I really
debated with myself, do that alot, on whether any of you brains would
really want/need/use such a simple thang...

"If this e-mail has been an unwelcome intrusion into your normal life,
please disregard it and forgive me for using extra bandwidth..."

Eric S. Standlee
Kashihara City, Nara Prefecture, Japan
e-w.standlee@example.com
fwiw3980@example.com <default>