Re: tlug: PCMCIA problem during TurboLinux install

I am sending this to the mailing list because the address
chak@example.com didn`t work.
 > Marcus Metzler <mocm@example.com> wrote,
 >
 > > Manuel M. T. Chakravarty writes:
 > If you could make an image for 2.0 that would be absolutely
 > great, but I don't want to cause you too much trouble.  So,
 > if you could send me the patches, I would try to patch
 > extrahw myself.  If I get the patches from you, would it
 > work if I patch the sources that I got with TL2.0, compile
 > the files, and copy them onto extrahw (the latter seems to
 > use an ext2 filesystem, so it should be ok to just copy the
 > stuff onto it -- instead of doing a whole disk image --
 > right?)
I tried to do it that way too, but somehow I couldn`t write to the
extrahw disk. I could mount it and read it, though. Anyway, I`ll send
you the patches on monday. I haven`t got them here right now. If that
is not soon enough, just add the Name of the new Ricoh controller
(rl5c475) to the controller list in i82365.c (There are two lists as
far as I remember and the entry has to be at the same place in both
lists) and instead of IS_RL5C475 use IS_RL5C466. In this way all the
settings for the older controller version will be used. You should
also add:
#define PCI_DEVICE_ID_RICOH_RL5C475     0x0475
in rl5c466.h. After that the driver should work. There is a directory
on the TL1.9b2 where are all the necessary scripts to create a new
extrahw image. I haven`t checked on the TL2.0, but it should also be
there. I just don`t remember the name. I will also see that I get the
image done until monday. Right now I have to reconstruct all this
stuff from memory because I left it at home.
I hope that will help you.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
Department of Physics    | $B")(B $B#2#7#4!<#8#5#1#0(B
Toho University          | $B@example.com)A%66;T;0;3#2!<#2!<#1(B
Miyama 2-2-1, Funabashi, | $BElK.Bg3X(B  $BM}3XIt(B  $BJ*M}(B
Chiba 274-8510           |
Japan			 |
e-mail : mocm@example.com