Re: tlug: Start and stop Apache on TL2.0

The laptop boot time script may or not make sense, but I think having
cron scripts run automatially at install time is a bad idea unless
you've thought very hard about how you are filtering them.

Perhaps the option to run "makewhatis;updatedb" only makes sense.

I used to run updatedb on a regular basis, when I had it indexing /home
but I don't think I've ever run makewhatis except right after
installing.  Realistically I don't anticipate running updatedb or
makewhatis on a regular basis once I finally get a functional laptop.
due to the hard drive scan, thats best left for when its plugged in and
I'm doing maintenance.

updatedb if niced to much also doesn't finish very fast for any
appreciable filesystem.  When I had it running daily, I noticed two or
three running occasionally.  (Old slow box, but still)

Stephen J. Turnbull did state upon Fri, Aug 14, 1998 at 02:17:52PM +0900:

--
Please excuse all insane ravings contained here-in.
Thank you, please direct all funds to: