Re: tlug: Re: PCI [was: dual-pentium processors]

> > Any more info or references, Karl-Max?  My RF experience is limited to
>
> OK. Stay tuned. I try to dig it up ASAP.
>
> > ham radio and sophomore EE courses (yikes! both around 15 years ago).
>
> I have been a ham for 22 years, too. I learned a lot that way.
>
> Email me privately if you need more detailed info. It's a bit
> far from Linux - although I don't dobt that it might be of
> interest to quite a few people.

Please do. It is *very* interesting.

On another note, could I have everyone's opinions on using
Commercial/Free Linux Databases? I have to upgrade the database we are
using here and I'm thinking of running Linux and using a database on
top of that. However I am not sure whether there are any that support
Japanese.

FYI, the firm I am working for makes racing cars. They are planning
make about 2-3/month for a maximum of about 5-6/month. As they are
racing cars there is a hell of a lot of stuff that breaks and has to
be sent here and there for repairs. I am also planning to connect this
to the CAD network so I would like something that can be queried using
Netscape. (There is no software development stuff for the CAD machines
-SGI)

I was planning to go to the last meeting but couldn't make it (I was
in Tokyo though).

Thank you in advance.

Hajime Saito
hajime@example.com(old address)