Re: tlug: dual-pentium processors

(ah, a response from someone knowledgeable of RF)

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Karl-Max Wagner wrote:

> Not necessarily. You forget the L1 cache.

Ah, right.  It's a win if the code is in the cache.

> Pundits ????? Buhahahahaha....!

Hey, now, you're talking about one of the Treacherous Eight.

> You have to follow proper design rules ( characteristic impedance,
> avoidance of crosstalk etc . ) though - but this has been commonplace
> engineering in the radio field for decades.

Right, that is what I was alluding to.  However ... how many motherboard
designers are competent?  I've seen a fair amount of crosstalk on
name-brand motherboards (ASUS) ... placing a probe on one of the address
lines, then strobing an adjacent line, and watching neat induced waveforms
(yes, the probe and scope were properly grounded).

> Bullshit ! 33 MHz is almost DC. Even if you consider the harmonics (
> don't consider anything beyond the 3rd... ) that's just middle VHF.
> Where is the problem ?

Don't know enough here to comment, that's why I asked.

> Probably because the digital guys got some teaching from the RF
> gang, I guess....

Hope so.

> There ain't anything like some years of solid rf design
> experience.....

Yep.  Which I wish that I had (things analog/RF have always been slightly
to the right of black magic to me).

--	Chris (wileyc@example.com)