tlug: Re: setting up accounts

Karl-Max wrote:

> Writing your mail being root on your system, eh ? Well, stop
> that. Make an account with the name you want. Log in as that
> user and do your mailing there and you're set.

Also, depending on what mailer you're using (I know Pine is like this),
you will probably need to create a userid that is the same as your userid
on Infoweb, if you want it to get your return address right.  Then (in the
case of Pine), you also tell Pine that it's domain name is the domain name
that your mail address should show.

For example, my address at my Geocities account is jpmag.  If I wanted to
have it automatically show the right address and not have to set a
Reply-To header, I would create an ID on my machine called jpmag.  Then I
would tell Pine that my domain name is geocities.com.  Then my mail will
show as coming from jpmag@example.com

Cheers,

Jonathan

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: