tlug: Macintosh Emulator

To my knowlege there are 2 effective ways to emmulate a macintosh in
linux
other than executor.

The first method is to use a peice of software called vMac
vMac is a full featured Mac Plus emulator and will run upto system 7.5.5
unfortunately it can only emulate 4MB of ram, which imposes severe
limitations
on the software that it is capable of running. However it is free.
Performance wise it will run at a useable spped on anyting above a
486DX2 66Mhz
although I will recomend using it on a P133Mhz or above.

The second method requires a ungodly amount of CPU power at lease a
200Mhz pentum
is a lot harder to setup, but is a much better emulator thatn executor
and vMac.
What you need to do is to obtain a copy of UAE for linux, configure it,
and then obtain
a copy of ShapeShifter.  This amounts to running a Macintosh Emulator on
top of an
Amiga emulator, but you can do a lot of stuff because it emulates the
hardware.

Both of those methods require a copy of the Mac ROM
For vMac you WILL need a copy of the MAC PLUS rom nothing else will do.
For UAE+ShapeShifter, you will need a copy of any m68k macintosh's rom
and a copy of
the Amiga Kickstart ROM v3.1

e-mail me if you have any questions

Austin Kurahone