RE: tlug: Data type 9 not supported?

>*laugh* ... but RARP, bootparamd, and tftpd are your friends ...

They may be, but it's hard to try and meet about 100 people all at the same
time :-)  If I want 5.1, though, I guess I'll have to do it.  Jim suggested
taking the disk out of the Sparc and putting it my Intel Linux machine,
downloading the tftp boot image on to it, then putting it back in the Sparc
as another solution, and I'm thinking about it :-)  Of course, I'll still
have to RARP it and stuff, I guess.  I'd like 5.1, but I may just stick 4.2
on it for the time being.  Some of the TL Japanese packages need glibc,
though.   No matter which I do it, I know the easy part is over, though :-)

By any chance, would you happen to have any idea of what might be causing
Netscape to die and dump core on startup?  The message is IOT trap/Abort and
then it pukes its core and that's all she wrote.  It doesn't matter whether
I start it by the Japanese Netscape hack script or start it as English
Netscape, it kicks the bucket either way.  This is a really serious problem,
'cuz it's forcing me to use Windows 95 until I find out what's wrong and how
to fix it.  Help! :-)

TIA,

Jonathan

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: