Re: tlug: Sparc RedHat 5.1 tidbits

On Sun, Jun 28, 1998 at 11:45:08PM +0900, Christopher Sekiya wrote:
> However, you may have problems with your SCSI subsystem.  I have not as
> yet experienced any fatal errors, but the fact that the SCSI driver gives
> up while it attempts to determine block size is reason for concern.  I'm
> trying to track it down, but I'll be willing to bet that the RedHat guys
> will find the problem before I do ;)

Fortunately I haven't had this problem with the 2.1.x kernels.  I've used
2.1.63, 2.1.97, and currently 2.1.105 without running into this.  So, as
you suggest, your mileage may vary.

I've yet to switch to glibc.

> [2] I don't remember if the SS1+ was affected by the slowdown ... some
>     sun4c boxes fell victim, some didn't.  The SS2 did not, but the [IS]LC
>     did.

My ELC didn't.  I really think it had more to do with the SCSI devices on
your chain (and how they behaved, especially wrt disconnect) that made
the difference.

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo     ICQ: 5981586   AIM: Jim7J1AJH

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: