Re: outback II (was: RE: tlug: Fw: Could Linux Kill NT?)

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Matt Gushee wrote:

>What are you, from Hawaii or something? Hokkaido gets *pleasantly*

Never been there, but pleasantly warm starts at 30 degrees, and it
needs (add 3 - 5 degrees for low humidity areas) to get a few degrees
warmer than that before I'd call it just right. Does Hokkaido *ever*
reach 30? :-)

The week I spent in Singapore when it was the middle of winter in Tokyo
was great.  I think the low 30s was about as cold as it ever got, and I
lived in shorts, T-shirts, and sandals the whole time I was there :-)

>Okay if you're content with flatfish and the occasional second-rate

Actually, I don't even much like ocean fishing.  I like river and lake
fishing, but it takes a couple hours or more to get to anyplace decent
when you live in the Tokyo megalopolis, so I go to a kanrizuriba more
often than not.  Not much on scenery, but I can catch a ton of fish :-)

> > BTW, you didn't mention how far you had to go to find a place to buy
> > computer parts and stuff :-)
>
>Sapporo!

Wow!  Well, I might be far from nice places to fish, but at least I'm
near Akihabara :-)

Cheers,

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section