Re: tlug: need programmers help

>>In article <XFMail.980616174944.schweiz@example.com>, Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com> writes:

> That yellow bar is about 14 lines of code and I'm not sure how
> to do what you're suggesting since it has to be inserted in the
> middle of each page. If it was just appending something cat
> would work, but this has to either read down a certain number of
> lines or look for the <BLOCKQUOTE> or 'something'.

I'm certain someone closer could do it faster, as it's getting way
past my bedtime here in Nevada.  Probably safer too :-) But it should
be simple to write a perl program or shell script to munch thru these
things in a hurry, just a few lines of code.  That's assuming the
operation is well defined :-)

1. Exactly what goes in?  Is it always the same 14 lines, or does
   content differ per file?  Also, just to avoid confusion, show the
   new HTML lines; I don't know enough HTML to tell for sure where the
   end is.

2. Exactly where does it go?  Is it always right after the BLOCKQUOTE
   tag?

3. Is the BLOCKQUOTE tag always on a line by itself?  If there is
   other stuff following the BLOCKQUOTE tag on the same line, does the
   new HTML go on the line following or on the same line?

     Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / felix@example.com
  PGP = 91 B3 94 7C E9 E8 76 2D   E1 63 51 AA A0 48 89 2F  ITAR license #4933
*** 20 June: TLUG will be at the Tokyo Linux Fair
http://tlug.linux.or.jp/projects/linux-fair/fair.html