Re: tlug: 128 bit encryption

From: Chung Chiew Farn <cfchung@example.com>
Subject: Re: tlug: 128 bit encryption
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 18:14:28 -0400

cfchung> > There is also a group (maybe also in Australia) that has an add-on to
cfchung> > Netscape which provides 128 bit encyption for any version of
cfchung> > Netscape.  I don't remember if it is a plugin or patch or what.  I'm
cfchung> > not even sure of what to search for.
cfchung>
cfchung> I think what you're looking for is "Fortify". So far all the things that
cfchung> I heard about it are good ones. This Australian team claimed to
cfchung> have written it entirely by themselves without a single bit of help from
cfchung> netscape so there is nothing that the US government could do about it,
cfchung> since it did not violate any laws.

Chung,
thanks.  I found the home page at http://www.fortify.net

I'll let you know how it works.

--

On a different topic.  Anyone going to the meeting should remember that there
is no Internet access at the meeting.  If you want to demo something, you

Regards,
Craig

----
Craig Oda craigoda@example.com http://tlug.linux.or.jp/~craigoda (my PGP)

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station