Re: tlug: Re: Japanese input

This is to supplement my position:

1) I do not advocate abolishment of kanji in education. This way I am
exemplified from the abolishment argument, which is heating
up. Somehow I was vaccinated before.

2) I rather find the alternative way in term of internet is
possible. For people who are (un)lucky enough not to have a privilege
of entering the educational institution of Japan, there have to be a
way of expressing their idea in Japanese without using kanji or
hiragana by just understanding Japanese grammar and knowing English words.

3) Then let market decide which better serve needs whatever it is.

4) Because in trying to standardize Japanese in order to use it on
computers somehow the usage is compromised, then  why not further
compromise to be useful for people all over the internet.

5) To be effective on internet or computers, people have to be able to
read and manipulate scripts of programming languages, which are based
on English, so is it nice to have a language to describe Japanese. It is
nice to read *.dvi file, but it is useful to be able to read *.tex
file.

6) Once in internet, there is no control over how to use English. And
there is Japanese usage of naive and the rest of the world usage of
it. I wonder which is going to win once used in internet.

Regards,
Kei.

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station