Re: tlug: June 13 Meeting

On Tue, Jun 09, 1998 at 07:09:43PM +0900, kenhrd@example.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have received an e-mail from a new attendant to the
> next meeting on 13th.  He is interested in "Installation
> for newbies" session which was earlier planned in the
> morning.  Is it still on?  Where and what time should
> he go if he likes to join from the morning session?
> He has a special interests in linux/sparc too.

Hmm...

I'll admit to blatant self-interest here, but how's this for an idea:

I finally bought an external enclosure for a 9 GB drive I acquired, and
I've just received the Debian 1.3, RH 5.1, and OpenBSD disks I ordered.
I'm still trying to decide how I want to partition the blasted thing,
and I'm unlikely to find time to install everything before this weekend.
If there's a PC available with a SCSI port I'm willing to bring my disk
and CDs for any morning session ....

I'm kinda curious to see how OpenBSD installs relative to the linux
stuff.  My Berkeley knowledge begins and ends with SunOS-[34] (pretty
*darned* familiar with SunOS-4 for some reason....)

I've done the SLS thing, multiple slackware versions, and two redhat
versions now, but debian and OpenBSD will be firsts for me.  Shoot, I'll
try to download stampede and debian 2.0 and burn a cd before this
weekend too (17 GB on my home machine has me gaga for stuff to put on it
;-).

I'll bring the CDs and disk whether or not there is a morning session.
I'll also return the CDE disk I borrowed from the TLUG library (finally!).

Cheers,
--
Rex

P.S.  Anybody else look at the cute little Cobalt Cube at Networld/Interop?
      I looked for the Corel Netwinder but didn't see it.  Pretty cool
      to see Linux at the major trade shows.  Never realized the HDS X
      terminals were running Linux under the covers.
After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station