RE: tlug: Japanese

From: "Jonathan Byrne - 3Web" <jq@example.com>
Subject: RE: tlug: Japanese
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 15:54:06 +0900

jonathan>
jonathan> -----Original Message-----
jonathan> 差出人 : craigoda@example.com <craigoda@example.com>
jonathan>
jonathan> >While I am in Japanese input mode, I can accept the line, notice that
jonathan> >I was overly optimistic about the weather, I can use the cursor to
jonathan> >go back to いい and change it to 悪い when I am in Emacs with cannalib
jonathan> >support compiled into Emacs.
jonathan> >
jonathan> >However, I can't do it when I call kinput2 up and use it in a kterm.
jonathan> >This is interesting.   I never realized this was a problem because
jonathan> >I almost always use Emacs.
jonathan>
jonathan>
jonathan> This is happening to me in Japanese Pine.  I'd rather be able to do mail

The pico editor that comes with Pine 3.96J has an option for cannalib support
to be compiled into it.  Are you using that one?  Try using pico, the
default pine editor, and doing something like ctrl-o to call up the Canna
process.

jonathan> through a GUI mail client in Xemacs, but don't have one that works with

I think Mew is quite nice.  http://www.mew.org
There should be packages available for rpm.  I think that there are a whole
bunch of buttons and stuff that you can click on with your mouse in the
XEmacs version.

Also, I suspect there is a way to configure kinput2 to do what you want,
but it will take some looking around.  I've haven't played around with
it enough.

Regards,
Craig

----
Craig Oda craigoda@example.com http://tlug.linux.or.jp/~craigoda (my PGP)

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station