Re: tlug: clock skew w/ netdate

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Christopher Sekiya wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Scott Stone wrote:
>
> > every once in a while, it sets my system time to Feb 7, 2036.
>
> ... why does that date sound so familiar?
>
> Isn't that the maximum date under some BIOSes?  All bits set to one?

Could be.  Hopefully they'll have fixed that limitation by that date,
though, eh?  That's all I'll need when I'm 60 is to have my damn computer
quit on me because of some artificial BIOS limit :)  I wonder why my
comptuer only does that when I'm here, and not when I leave it alone?  I
guess it gets cranky when I keep it up too late...

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station