RE: tlug: Japanese

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998 craigoda@example.com wrote:

> the arrow keys should work.  This is actually the main method of using kinput2.
> Maybe the terminal entries are not fully compatible.

Where they don't work is after you hit the space bar for kana-kanji
conversion, you can't move around in the converted entry to edit just one
character of it.  You can either accept the whole thing, or backspace over
the whole thing, deleting characters until you get to the one you don't
like.   I've duplicated this on both of my machines, and one of the ones
at PHT as well.  Maybe Kinput2 just can't do that and I'll have to live
with it, but I miss that feature when I'm not in Windows.  Happily, I've
gotten my system here at work to the point where I can actually spend most
of my work day in Linux, unless I have to work with an MS Office file or
make some Japanese text graphics or something.  There are still things I'm
not happy with (Netscape most of all), but at least I've gotten to the
point where it's usable for most stuff, so I'm a happy camper.
Discovering Xemacs has been a big help :-)

Thanks for the info on the keybindings for Kinput2!

Cheers,

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station