RE: tlug: Japanese

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> My guess is that gaijin probably break phrases in sufficiently awkward
> places that Wnn6 is no big improvement over Wnn4 for us.  But that's
> pure speculation, and Canna 3.2 or 3.5 is all I've ever needed.

Thanks for the review.  I also find Canna and Kinput2 to be sufficient for
my needs.  The only things that bug me about Kinput2 are that it disables
the arrow keys and such when in Japanese input mode (yup, that other OS
doesn't do that :-)   ) and  I don't like the shift-space combination to
start Japanese input, because I find it too easy to hit accidentally.
When I have more time (= after the TL 2.0 release is out and installed on
my machines), I'm going to RTFM and see if I can change its behavior to
suit me.  Ideally, since I have Japanese Windows 95 keyboards, I will be
able to set it up to use the same key combination Windows does :-)

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station