Re: tlug: Hiding new lines in Xemacs

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Jonathan> When I open a Windows text file in Xemacs, the newlines
>     Jonathan> are always visible as a ^M and I'd like them to not be.
>
> I don't have a problem with this in XEmacs/Mule.  Is your XEmacs
> missing Mule?

It's the one that comes in the TurboLinux beta, and Scott told me it
doesn't have Japanese support, so I guess it's missing mule :-)  He also
mentioned that you told him an easy way to make a Japanese-supporting
Xemacs, so I think one will be forthcoming in the fairly near future,
although he's probably too stacked up with getting beta 3 ready to work on
it very much.

> Not until 21.0 comes out (maybe 3 weeks), I think.  Mule hides them
> because Mule does autorecognition of file encodings, including not
> only language variants but OS variants (Unix, Mac, Windose).

Then inquiring minds want Xemacs 21.0 :-)

Thanks for the info!

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/>

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station