Re: tlug: Linux presentation tools (MagicPoint and Ewipe)

On Wed, 27 May 1998, Rex Walters wrote:

> Okay, I joined the Japanese mailing list for MagicPoint and immediately
> get a message pointing me to
> http://www.itojun.org/genko/gihyo-sd9805-presen/ which is a Japanese
> review of MagicPoint and something called Ewipe.
>
> Ewipe appears to be a Tk/tcl app that does something similar to
> MagicPoint.  The URL is http://www.jnet-jp.to/~sekisita/ewipe/.  It is
> also capable of displaying Japanese.
>
> My immediate impression is that I like the MagicPoint paradigm better
> (a simple text file as input).  Also, as was just pointed out, the
> ability to include an arbitrary X client on a presentation page lets you
> do cool things like leverage TeX math display via Xdvi.
>
> I also spent a few minutes with Altavista looking for presentation stuff
> and stumbled across a very nice collection of presentations on the web.
> Check out "http://www.cscs.ch/slide_show/".  I'm more interested in
> giving presentations on my Laptop than in giving presentations on the
> web, but the idea (and implementation) is interesting as all get-out.
>
> I find all of this stuff incredibly interesting.
>
> Regards,

How do these things compare to Applix Graphics?  Applix will do some neat
realtime stuff now, but I haven't had time (or hard disk space at home) to
play with it much.

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691