tlug: Re: Perens on New Distribution

>riley> that Bruce Perens is talking about creating a new Linux distribution...
>
>Do you know what the issues were?  Even if he doesn't do this, I would
>be interested in hearing the good and bad points.  Did this have to
>do with the file structure?

The Linux Weekly News is at http://lwn.net/

Of course, now the article is archived, as the item was in the
May 7 edition. Anyhow, it references some traffic on usenet
which indicated Bruce is planning something based on RH. The
article notes that some developers are looking to make a more
user-friendly version. It doesn't go into much detail, but I
suppose you might be able to find an archive of the debian-developer
newsgroup for more. LWN also noted that Christian Schwarz resigned as
Debian Policy Manager and will join Bruce's new group.

HTH,
Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691