Re: tlug: Booting Linux on Sun

On Mon, 25 May 1998, Gaspar Sinai wrote:

> I want to use it without keyboard. When I connect to port a I can start
> the silo boot sequence but it stops soon after network message
> (Appletalk...) . Does anyone know how to continue the boot sequence,
> and also how o send something like <STOP>a from a serial port?

I don't know anything about seyon.  Check the docs on how to send a
terminal break.

Hmmm ... sounds like you aren't running a LAN there.  Here's how I'd do
it:

* Boot the box.  Feed SILO "linux init=/bin/bash" to get a shell.
* "/sbin/mount -n -o remount /"
* Edit /etc/inittab.  Add a line like
  "1:12345:respawn:/sbin/getty ttyS0 9600 vt100", or uncomment it if it
  already exists.
* "sync ; sync ; sync ; /sbin/halt"

Power-cycle the box.  It should now give a serial login.

--	Chris (wileyc@example.com)

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691