Re: tlug: X log files

>     Frank> When I use two Xterms to directly query an xdm login server

> Xterm[sic] is a program; you mean "X terminal", right?

Thanks for catching this; I always thought that the one term covered both
(no pun intended, but now that I've stumbled across this one I'll leave it
here for laughs).

Thanks for the advice on stratgies for tracing this problem.  My first line
will be to reverse the order of startup on the two machines, to see if its
always the same piece of hardware that downgrades.  If so, it's the network
card, the driver, or the hub.  If failure is depended on startup order, it's
more likely in software, and I'll need these suggestions.

Many thanks,
More later.

Frank B
Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691