Re: tlug: "laplink cable"

Scott,

I think I have a cable named "Laplink cable" which I never used
and will not.  I once thought I can install on my old notebook
through PLIP, but I shifted to ethernet.

If you can accept, I can ship it to you on "freight charge
collect basis".

Let's confirm the pin assignment first:

DB25/male		DB25/male
2			15
3			13
4			12
5			10
6			11
15			1
13			3
12			4
10			5
11			6
18			18
19			19
20			20
21			21
22			22
23			23
24			24
25			25
shell (shield)		shell

Length is 1.5m, made in China, supplied by Justy (Try Corp),
called "Interlink Paralell Cross Cable for DOS/V".

Regards,
Ken

<Pine.LNX.3.96LJ1.1b7.980520092121.23450D-100000@example.com>の記事において
sstone@example.comさんは書きました。

>> > In one of the parts shops of Akihabara. If you want a cable
>> > connecting two computers you need two connectors DP-25 (Dsub 25
>> > pin male type ) and two cases for mounting it to a cable. Then
>> > you need a shielded cable with the required number of wires
>> > inside. With that you'd be set. The stuff will cost you about
>> > 2000 yen I guess. Good shops are in the corner of the Akihabara
>> > station ( the train station, not the subway station ) at the
>> > southwest exit. There's many small parts shops there where you
>> > can get the necessary stuff.
>> >
>> > Radio Garden should have it, too, but he became shitty and
>> > expensive lately. Ten years ago he was a lot better.
>>
>> This all sounds like too much of a pain to me.  I'll just buy one in the
>> US next time I'm there.. that'll cost less than 2000 yen, too :)

Ken Harada (原田 健)
Hayama, japan
kenhrd@example.com       http://www.hayama.net/~kenhrd/
Member of:
	Internet Mutual Aid Society of Yokohama (IMASY)
	Tokyo Linux Users Group (TLUG)
Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691