RE: tlug: Hello, I'm a newbie and help!

Jonathan Byrne--3Web writes:

 > >* Is there Japanese support from RedHat.
 >
 > As in "Japanese tech support" or as in "Japanese packages."  If the former,
 > AFAIK, no.  If the latter, well, I guess the Japanese RPMs should work, but
 > I haven't tried them in RH.

All the Japanese RPMs I've tried work fine with RedHat (except that when I
upgraded glibc from 2.05 to 2.07, it broke Canna, which I then had to
recompile). The disadvantage is that they aren't conveniently packaged
as they are with TurboLinux. There are a very few Japanese packages in
the contrib directory of RedHat ftp archives, but otherwise you have
to get them separately from the JRPM site.

So I'd second the pro-Turbo opinions. I use Red Hat and am satisfied
with it, but if I were starting over again, I'd probably go with
Turbo.

Matt Gushee
Oshamanbe, Hokkaido
Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691