Re: tlug: Canon Inovabook battery

> I have a Canon Innovabook 350CD laptop computer here (U.S. model).  I was
> testing the pcmcia stuff for TL 1.9beta2 on it tonight, and just for fun I
> thought I'd try it with the power cable OUT.  it goes from full to dead in
> less than 4 minutes, and about the same time to charge back up again.
> WTF?
>
> Where can I get a new battery for this thing?
First test the battery. It might be OK, but your charger isn't
working correctly. How about charging the battery the old
fashioned way: 14 hours of one tenth the current of the
capacity. This is the correct recipe for NiCd and NiMH
batteries.

Lithium batteries have to be charged until each cell has reached
the final voltage ( normally 3.4 volts ). DO NOT EXCEED THIS
VOLTAGE OR AN EXPLOSION MAY INSUE !!!!!!!!!!

Each cell has to be checked separately. That's why Li packs have
so many contact prongs.

Deep discharge ( under 2.8 volts per cell ) is equally dangerous
and may permanently damage your batteries. A quick check with a
voltmeter may tell you a story......

                              Karl-Max Wagner
                              karlmax@example.com
Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691