Re: tlug: ISDN

In message <Pine.LNX.3.95.980518052158.301A-100000@example.com>
   "tlug: ISDN"
   ""J. David Beutel" <jdb@example.com>" wrote:

> Is there a Japan ISDN FAQ?

I couldn't find it.

> I guess my cheapest option is to buy a used analog line for about
> JPY50,000, use my 28.8k modems on it, and then resell it in a few years.
> Since I won't be doing much work from home, it's viable.  But,
> I'm used to having another analog line for voice.

How about internal TA board like
http://www.zeal.co.jp/de/dep20.html ( This is very nice one )
or
http://www.zeal.co.jp/r246c/r246c.html ( Nice and cheaper)

I read they have compatibility with UART, so no need to use
special driver for it, just set for COM port.

And DE-P20 series have two phone ports, so you can use two
analog sets, like MODEM or analog phone.

I use dial up router,FUJITSU NV-EX3.
My family members share it on home-LAN with ISDN Lite.
You can think this way.

Thanks, and good luck.

Akira SHIBATA             Let bygones be bygones
E-mail:shibata@example.com 既往は咎めず

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691