tlug: CD Writer

Hi,
Domenico Carlucci writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I would lik eto buy a CD writer for my laptop.
 > Could you please suggest me some models?

I got the Yamaha CD-RW 4260 (4xCD-R write, 2xCD-RW write and 6xread).
The external model works fine with my laptop and wrting the CDs under
Linux is no problem. With cdrecord you can even write the CD-RW.
The price is ok and only slightly higher than the one for the CD-R, that`s
was I got the CD-RW. It was about 69000 in Akihabara, but you have to watch
out, there are different version which have different software packages.
If you want to use it with Linux, just get the cheapest. The hardware is the
same for all version. Of course, the external model is more expensive than the
internal, but for the note you need the external.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
Department of Physics    | $B")(B $B#2#7#4!<#8#5#1#0(B
Toho University          | $B@example.com)A%66;T;0;3#2!<#2!<#1(B
Miyama 2-2-1, Funabashi, | $BElK.Bg3X(B  $BM}3XIt(B  $BJ*M}(B
Chiba 274-8510           |
Japan			 |
e-mail : mocm@example.com
Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691