tlug: xclipboard and Japanese CLIPBOARD selection

Hello, I'm using xclipboard 1.28 and I've applied Japanese patches
to it that were  released by takeshi <mtakeshi@example.com>
on Thu, 24 Jul 1997 21:18:21 +0900.  The patches don't seem to
contain much, mainly changes to the Xresources.  I can get
the kinput2 window to pop up and I can select Japanese kanji
from the choices.  However, when I press return to submit the
kanji to the xclipboard, it goes bakemoji.

Alternately, if I modify the VT100.Translation: to allow a selection
to be copied into XCLIPBOARD, it just beeps at me.

This works in xterm:

xterm*VT100*Translations: #override \
        Button1<Key>F1: select-end(PRIMARY,CUT_BUFFER0,CLIPBOARD)\n\
        !Shift <Btn2Up>:        insert-selection(CLIPBOARD) \n\
        ~Shift ~Ctrl ~Meta <Btn2Up>: insert-selection(PRIMARY,CLIPBOARD)

(Note: I have a 2-button mouse.  This is why, I didn't bind the CUT_BUFFER0
	event to Button1 Btn3Up)

I can cut and paste Japanese between two kterms using PRIMARY text
selection (the one you usually use when you select with Button1
and extend with either a drag of the mouse and release of Button1 or
use Button3 to extend it).  However, I can't get the Japanese text to go
into he CLIPBOARD.

Is there any way I can use the CLIPBOARD buffer with Japanese in the
same way I use it with xterm.

Note, that I can copy and paste Japanese to a temporary scratchpad area like
in Emacs.  However, I want to automatically have the Japanese text contents
of the PRIMARY buffer moved into the CLIPBOARD with I press Button1 and F1.

Does anyone have the clipboard working properly with Japanese?

-----

Another question,, I notice that the Japanese xservers have names
like xserver-freetype-mach64_3.3.2.f-4.deb.  This seems to indicate
that the xserver is integrated with the freetype TrueType font engine.
Does anyone know what this TrueType font issue is all about and whether
I should install it or not?  I have been using the VFLib with gs
for some time.  However, this xserver-freetype name makes me think
that TrueType fonts could be used with any X application.  I wonder...
Someone feed me the true information on this issue.  :-)

Regards,
Craig
Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691