Re: tlug: Linux/unix Books

 Hey - thanks Ken, David, and Jonathan

To be completely honest, I live in a FreeBSD office (gasp!) which is what I'm
*officially* learning, but Linux seems to be where all the excitement is recently.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I trust there are enought similarities between the two
that O'Reilly's "Running Linux" book is still a good bet (??) (...just between us, of
course I'll be creating a Linux partition on my home system... :-).

BTW, "Tlug_3" (Tohoku) sounds like an idea....

> > Does anyone have any recommendations on books to get started and/or books to
> > avoid??  Taking that one step further, does anyone have books they are trying to
> > get rid of??
>
> O'Reilly has arguably the best selection of such tomes. I personally
> liked starting out with "Running Linux" by Matt Welsh. Anymore there...

> depth of information you'll want. "Linux in a Nutshell" is occasionally
> handy for its list of commands. These and the man pages will fill out
>
> Hey, someone from up my way! Maybe we can make a Tohoku Branch of TLUG.
>
> David Riley
>
> Hachinohe Institute of Technology
> 88-1, Myo, Ohbiraki
> Hachinohe-shi Aomori-ken
>
> http://w3.clat.hi-tech.ac.jp

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691